VERB

 What is verb?

A verb is a doing word.

It may be of two kinds. (1) Finite Verb (2) Non Finite verb.

Finite Verb: A verb that complete the sentence is a finite verb. Again, a verb that changes with the subject of a sentence is a finite verb. Moreover, when a verb takes s/es for the subject is also a finite verb. 

Example: He goes.

I go.

They play.

We dig the pond.


Non finite verb : When a cannot be identified with tense. It is called non finite verb. It does not take s/es with it. 

Going to market,......

Having done the work......

It may be identified as (IGP)

I= Infinitive (to+v1)

I want to do the work.

Here to do is an infinitive. 

G=Gerund (verb+ing). It works as a noun.

I am thinking of going there. Here going is a gerund.

P= Participle 

It has 3 kinds. They are

Present participle : verb ing

Past participle : v3

Parfect Participle: Having +v3

Going to house, I shall study.

Here going is present participle.

I got the car washed.

Here washed is past participle.

Having done the work, I was rewarded.

Here having done is perfect participle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narration Jashore Board 2024

Bangabandhu Satellite -1