DIALOGUE FOR CLASS SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE AND TEN
01. Write a dialogue between friends about the bad effect of smoking.
Ornob : Hello, Ononoto. How are you?
Ononto : I am fine, Ornob. Thank you. And you?
Ornob : I am not fine. I have been suffering from cough for a week.
Ononto : What a pity! Do you smoke, Ornob?
Ornob : Yes, I am addicted to smoking.
Ononto : But smoking is a
very bad habit. It causes various diseases like Cancer, Bronchitis etc.
Ornob : Yes, Doctors also say so.
Ononto : You should give up smoking without any delay.
Ornob : Yes, I am trying my best to give up smoking.
Ononto : Of course, You must give up smoking.
Ornob : Well friend, I must give up smoking within very short time.
Ononto : Thanks a lot. Really, I am very sorry for this. No more
today. Good bye.
Ornob :
Good bye. See you.
02. A dialogue between You and Your friend Raju about the
good effect of morning walk.
Myself : Hello! Raju. Good
evening.
Raju :
Good evening. How are you?
Myself : I am fully ok. And you?
Raju :
I wish. But I don't get sufficient time.
Myself : Why?
Raju :
I have a problem. I could not get from bed early in the morning. I feel
weakness.
Myself : You have to make it a habit to get up from bed early in the
morning.
Raju :
I try. But I can't. My health does not allow me.
Myself : Perhaps you don't know the good effect
of morning walk. Do you know that early
to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Raju :
Tell me. How can I overcome the weakness of my health?
Myself : You need regular physical exercise to remove the weakness of
your body. You have to rise early in the morning to breathe
fresh air and for morning walk.
Raju :
Thanks a lot for your good suggestion.
Myself : You are most welcome.
03..A dialogue between You and Your
friend Ornob about the crisis of pure drinking water.
Myself : Hello, Ononoto. How are you?
Ornob : I am fine, Ornob.
Thank you. And you?
Myself : I am also well. Do you know about the necessity of pure
drinking water?
Ornob : Yes, I know it very much because it saves our lives.
Myself : Do we have pure drinking water in our country?
Ornob : I don't have such supposition.
Myself : Why, Do you think otherwise?
Ornob : Yes, there is too much water in our country yet all are not
pure.
Myself : Why do you think so?
Ornob : Because
3/4th area of our country can't supply pure drinking water for poisoning.
Myself : How does the water of our country become so poisonous?
Ornob : It is mainly for arsenic and others.
Myself : How can we over come this kind of difficulty?
Ornob : First of all awareness should be increased. Government
should take necessary
steps for removing such danger.
Myself : Thank you very much.
Ornob : You are most welcome.
04.A dialogue between you and your friend about the necessity of reading news
paper.
Ornob :
Hello, Ononoto. How are you?
Ononto :
I am fine, Ornob. Thank you.
Ornob :
Do you read news paper daily?
Ononto :
Yes I do. It is "The daily Prothom Alo".
Ornob :
It's nice. Do you think reading news paper regularly is necessary?
Ononto :
Certainly, It is a store house of general knowledge.
Ornob : Do you think news paper plays any role
in presenting the news of the world?
Ononto :
Yes, I can learn about the current affairs of the world through the newspaper I
read.
Ornob : Then
it certainly presents the news and views on world trade and commerce,
films, games and sports etc.
Ononto :
Yes, you are right. These all are available in a newspaper.
Ornob :
Now, what's your suggestion for others regarding this?
Ononto :
I just want to say that everyone should read at least one newspaper daily.
Myself :
Thank you very much.
Ornob :You
are most welcome.
05.A
dialogue between you and a foreigner who has come to
Foreigner: Excuse me. May I seek your help?
I
: How can I help you?
Foreigner: I want the address of a hotel.
I : Perhaps this first time you
have come to
Foreigner:
Yes, I have come from
I
: Well; there are many hotels in
Foreigner:
I want a hotel of good quality.
I : I will suggest you go to
hotel Sonargoan.
Foreigner:
How can I go there?
I : Oh I see! It is not far
from here .Please here a baby taxi which will cost you
Only
forty taka.
Foreigner: Would
you tell me how I can go to visit the tourist spots in
I
: The hotel management will make all arrangements for your tour.
They have sight seeing buses.
Foreigner: It is
very nice of you.
I
: May your visit in
Foreigner: Thank
you.
I
: Most welcome.
06. A dialogue between you and your friend
about the importance of learning English.
Ornob: Hello,
Ononoto. How are you?
Ononto: I am fine, Ornob, Thank you. And you?
Ornob : I am fine, Thank you too. What are you doing?
Ononto: I
am reading an article about the importance of learning English.
Ornob: Actually it is very essential in our life.
Ononto: It is an international language. It is
essential for Higher education.
Ornob : It
helps a man to get a good job and to earn money.
Ononto: So to maintain daily official correspondence
English is a must.
Ornob: Right
you are. In fact, about the importance of learning English can't be described
in words.
Ononto: So, all of
us must learn English.
7.A dialogue between Ornob and
Ononto about Ononto’s School.
Ornob : Good
afternoon Ononto. How are you?
Ononto : Good afternoon Ornob. I am fine. How are you?
Ornob : I am also fine. How do
you like your school, Ononto.
Ononto : I like it very much. It is a very beautiful school.
Ornob: Is there any garden?
Ononto: Yes, we have a nice garden.
Ornob: Who look after it?
Ononto: We all look after it.
Ornob : How many students are there in your school ?
Ononto : There are about eight hundred students in our school.
Ornob : How many teachers are there ?
Ononto : There are twenty teachers altogether.
Ornob: How do they teach you?
Ononto: They teach us very well and they are very helpful.
Ornob : Who
teaches you English ?
Ononto : Our class teacher,
Anwar Hossain teaches us English.He is a very good teacher.
Ornob : Who teaches you Mathematics ?
Ononto : Soriful Sir teaches us Mathematics.
Ornob : When does your school sit and break up ?
Ononto : Our school sits at 10.30 am and breaks up
at 4.30 pm.
Ornob : Thank you.
Ononto : Thank you too.
8.A
dialogue between Rahim and karim about karim’s village.
Rahim
: Hello Karim! Would you kindly say
about your village?
Karim
: Sure, It is Rajarampur and in the
district of Chapai Nawabgonj.
Rahim
: How many people are there in your
village?
Karim
: There are about nine thousand people in my village.
Rahim
: Is there any educational institution
in your village?
Karim: Certainly, There are a High School, a Madrasha, and three other
Primary Schools.
Rahim:
Is there any river in your village?
Karim:
Yes, There is a river, Mahananda
beside my village.
Rahim:
What kinds of people are there in
your village?
Karim:
They are mainly Muslims, Hindus. But
they lead a happy life.
Rahim:
Thank you. See you again.
Karim:
Thanks too.
09.Write a dialogue
between two friends about their hobbies.
Rifat: Good
morning, Riad. How are you?
Riad: Good
morning. I am fine. Thank you.
Rifat: What are
you doing here so early?
Riad: I am working here in my garden.
Rifat: Why do you
spend your valuable time for an unproductive work?
Riad: I don’t
think so. Gardening is my hobby and I get pleasure in it. Don’t have you
any hobby,
Rifat?
Rifat: Yes, I
have. It is reading books. It gives us knowledge and it does not make a
man dirty
as yours.
Riad: That’s
true. But I am proud of my garden. It keeps my body fit.
Rifat: May be. I also feel happy when I read
books. It increases our knowledge.
Riad: It’s
getting late. I am going now, good bye.
Rifat: Thank you,
Riad. See you again.
10.A dialogue between you and your friend
about Your School Library.
Myself:
Hello, Ornob. How are you?
Ornob:
I am fine. Thank you. And you?
Myself:
I am also fine. Ornob where are you going now?
Ornob:
I am going to my school library.
Myself:
Do you use this library regularly?
Ornob:
Certainly yes,
Myself:
What kind of books do your library contain?
Ornob: Except our text books I like to read books on
Novel, Play, Tourism etc.
Myself:
Can I visit your library at any convenient date?
Ornob: Yes, You are welcome to visit ours at
any date. You will inform me before your arrival.
Myself:
Good bye.
Ornob:
Good bye.
11.A dialogue between you and your friend
about your favorite game./ a game.
Ornob:
Hello, Ononto. How are you?
Ononto:
I am well. And you?
Ornob:
I am also well. Where are you going now?
Ononto:
I am going to witness a football match.
Ornob:
Where is it held?
Ononto:
It is going to be held in our school ground.
Ornob:
Who are the participants in this tournament?
Ononto: It is going to be held
between ours and
Ornob: I am sorry, I have an urgent appointment else
where.
Ononto: Football is my favourite
game when this game is played in my locality I do not fail to witness the game.
Ornob
: I also witness the football game but I
like the cricket most.
Ononto: I like football match most
for its excitement and thrilling. It takes less time than cricket.
Ornob: Good bye, Ononto.
Ononto:
Good bye.
11 (ii) 07. Write a dialogue between you and your
friend about the final match.
Ornob : Hello,
Ononto. How are you?
Ononto : I
am well. And you?
Ornob : I
am also well. Where are you going now?
Ononto : I
am going to witness a final football match.
Ornob : Where
is it going to be held?
Ononto : It
is going to be held in our Stadium ground.
Ornob : Who
are the participants in this final match?
Ononto : It
is going to be held between ours and Rajshahi Zilla School. Will you go
with me?
Ornob : Really!.
Ononto : Of
course. And we must go to give inspiration to our team.
Ornob : Right you are. We must go to enjoy the match.
Ononto : Ok.
Let’s go.
Ornob : Let’s go.
12. A dialogue between you and your friend
about preparation for the examination.
Ornob:
Hello, Ononoto, How are you?
Ononto:
I am fine, Ornob, Thank you, And you?
Ornob : I am fine, Thank you too.
Tell me about your preparation for the examination.
Ononto: Well, I am now on the
revision of all the subjects for thoroughly. How much is yours?
Ornob: I have already revised
Mathematics, Religion, and Bengali etc.
Ononto: Still I have got some
problems in Mathematics. For this, I have to consult with my Math teacher.
Ornob : But I have got some critical
problems in English. I need to solve them from my English teacher.
Ononto:
Both of us are in problems but subjects are different.
Ornob: Right you are. Hope you will do better in the
coming examination. See you again.
Ononto:
Pray for me, good bye.
13.A dialogue between doctor and patient
Ornab : May I come in, doctor ?
Doctor : Yes, come.
Ornob : Can I have a seat ?
Doctor : Of course, please take a seat.
Ornob : Thank you.
Doctor : What is your problem ?
Ornob : I am not in a good condition. I am anxious about my health.
I need your
suggestion.
Doctor : Don’t be afraid. Don’t think much about your health.
Ornob : I am feeling bad.
Doctor : Ok, at first let me feel your pulse, measure temperature and
blood pressure.
Ornob : please check me thoroughly.
Doctor : Ok, I am checking.
Ornob : Is there anything wrong ?
Doctor : No, you don’t have any problem.
Ornob : I really feel sick.
Doctor : It’s all your nervousness.
Ornob : May be. My examination is at the door. So there is tension
and anxiety.
Doctor : Yes, you are right. It
is for your over work and anxiety for the examination.
Ornob : Really.
Doctor
: Yeah, You will feel better if you
take light exercise regularly, eat balanced diet. It is also your duty to take
proper rest and sleep.
Ornob
: Ok, I shall try to follow your
advices. But, please advise the names of medicine.
Doctor : Actually you will not need any medicine.
Ornob : Without medicine shall I feel better ?
Doctor : Why not ? You are ok and you should follow my advices.
Ornob : Thank you for your good advices.
Doctor : Thanks to you too.
Ornob : Welcome.
(ii) *Delwar is sick. He goes to a doctor. The doctor
examines him and finds nothing serious. Now write a dialogue between them based
on the given situation.
Delwar : May
I come in sir ?
Doctor : Yes,
come it please.
Delwar : Good
morning, sir.
Doctor : Good
morning, how can I help you?
Delwar : I'm suffering from
fever, sir. Also I have cold. Yesterday I had a serious a pain in stomach.
Doctor : Ok
don't worry. Let me check it. Do you have gastric problem?
Delwar : Yes,
sir, I often suffer from acidity. Yesterday I had some spicy foods.
Doctor : I got the point. Your
temperature is now relatively low. You'll have this medicine. Don't worry at
all. You'll recover very soon.
Delwar : Sir,
when shall I meet you next?
Doctor : No
need to meet m. You will recover. Take care. See you.
Delwar : See
you again.
14. Write a dialogue
between you and your Headmaster about a testimonial.
Myself : May I come in, sir?
Headmaster : Yes, come in. What do you want?
Myself : I want a
testimonial from you. Sir!
Headmaster : Why do you need a testimonial?
Myself : Sir, I would like
to admit myself into Rajshahi zilla
Headmaster : Why do you like to leave this school?
Myself : My father has been transferred to
Rajshahi. Therefore, I am compelled to go with him.
Headmaster : Is there no alternative to accompany your family?
Myself : I found no other alternative without it.
Headmaster : Well, I am asking my office assistant to prepare and type the
testimonial.
Myself : Thank you, Sir.
Headmaster : Thank you.
15.
Write a dialogue between two friends about cultural function held recently in
their school.
Ornob : Hello Ononto. How are you?
Ononto : I am fine, thank you. And you?
Ornob : I am also well. How
have you enjoyed the cultural function recently held in our school?
Ononto : It was really a very enjoyable cultural function our school
has ever had.
Ornob : What is your opinion
about the function?
Ononto : Not only I but also
every person who attended the function was delighted much in the function.
Ornob : Which of the acts
did you like most?
Ononto : I liked the act of
shamim most who played the rote of a social worker.
Ornob : Thank you very much
for your accurate comments in the function.
Ononto : Was there any other
thrilling event held?
Ornob : Yes, The recitation
from Rebel poet was very exiting and thrilling event.
Ononto : Thank you very much.
Ornob : Thank you also.
16. Write a dialogue
between two friends about their hobbies.
Rifat : Good morning, Riad. How are
you?
Riad : Good morning. I am fine. Thank
you.
Rifat : What are you doing here so early?
Riad :
I am working here in my garden.
Rifat : Why do you spend your valuable
time for an unproductive work?
Riad : I don’t think so. Gardening is my hobby and I get
pleasure in it. Don’t have you any hobby, Rifat?
Rifat : Yes, I have. It is reading books.
It gives us knowledge and it does not make a
man
dirty as yours.
Riad : That’s true. But I am proud of
my garden. It keeps my body fit.
Rifat : May be. I also feel happy when I read books. It increases our
knowledge.
Riad : It’s getting late. I am going
now, good bye.
Rifat : Thank you, Riad. See you again.
17. Write a dialogue between two friends on an
accident.
Ornob : Good afternoon, Ononto. How are you?
Ononto : Good afternoon. I am not fine.
Ornob : Where are you coming from?
Ononto : I am coming from New-market area.
Ornob : Why do you look so
gloomy?
Ononto : Oh! It’s the pathetic accident.
Ornob : Accident? How?
Ononto : Between a Bus and a Car strictly near the M.C. B. building.
Ornob : How many people have died in the accident?
Ononto : About 20 people have died and 9 have injured seriously.
Ornob : My God! It’s really
a horrible accident.
Ononto : I have to go now in my house. Good bye.
Ornob : Thank you. See
you again, bye.
18. Write a dialogue
between two friends about the ensuing examination.
Ornob : Good morning, Ononto. How do you do?
Ononto : Good morning. I am not
so fine. You?
Ornob : I’ too.
Ononto : How have you prepared yourself for the coming examination?
Ornob : Well, but Mathematics isn’t well prepared. I am trying
my level best for solving this.
Ononto : Don’t worry. I am sure you will be able to obtain a good mark
in Mathematics.
Ornob : What about you?
Ononto : I have got some critical problems in English. I need to solve
them from my English teacher.
Ornob : Both of us are in problems but
subjects are different.
Ononto : Right you are. Hope
you will do better in the coming examination. See you again.
Ornob : Pray for me, good bye.
19. A dialogue between a shopkeeper and a customer.
Customer : Good morning. Could I talk to you?
Shopkeeper : Sure. What can I do for
you?
Customer : I want to buy a dozen of pencils. Do you have any?
Shopkeeper : Of course. Here you are.
Customer : These don’t good ones. I like to buy
Shopkeeper : Ok. Here are some packets of pencils.
Customer : How much does this packet cost?
Shopkeeper : Tk 160.
Customer : Ok. Take the money.
Shopkeeper : Here is the change.
Customer : Thank you.
Shopkeeper : You are welcome.
(ii)Mahmud
has gone to a book stall to buy some stationery. Now write a dialogue between them based on the given situation.
Selesman : Cab I
help you?
Maumud : I
would like you buy a pencil, please.
Salesma : Here
it is. Anything else please?
Salesman : We've scales of two categories; one is country-made and the
other is foreign. Which one do you want?
Maumud : OK.
Better if it is foreign.
Salesman : Here
they are.
Salesman : One hundred
and fifty taka.
Salesman : Thank
you.
****20. A dialogue
between two friends about a picnic.
Ornob : Hello, Ononto. How are you?
Ononto : I am fine. Thank you.
Ornob : But you are not looking so good. Are you thinking about?
Onoto : Yes I am planning for a picnic.
Ornob : Excellent idea. Have you counted me?
Ononto : Of course, you are counted.
Ornob : Where do you like to go?
Ononto : I think Sona Mosque
is a picnic spot. It is a historical place also.
Ornob : How much does it cost individually?
Ononto : Only 400/= per head.
Ornob : Would we like to have a guide for us?
Ononto : Sure, We have selected our English teacher as our guide.
Ornob : So friend. Let’s go and talk to others.
21. A dialogue between two friends about the
direction of post office.
Ornob : How are you?
Ononto : I am fine and you?
Ornob : I am also fine. But I am in a problem.
Ononto : What is your problem?
Ornob : I am looking for a post office. Can you show me the nearest
post office?
Ononto : Actually it is not a problem. It is very simple.
Ornob : Please give me the location of it.
Ononto : It is near the AB Bank. It is about
eighty meters away to the north of the Bank.
Ornob : How can I find it?
Ononto : It is a two storied building and white
in color.
Ornob : Is there any sign board of it?
Ononto : Yes there is a big sign board of it.
Ornob : Thank you very much for your kind information.
Ononto : You are welcome.
22. A dialogue between a mother and daughter about
a teacher.
Mother : Rina, I have heard that you have got a teacher in your
school. Is it true?
Rina :
Yes mother we have got a new teacher in our school very recently.
Mother : Where has he come from?
Rina :
He has come from Rajshahi.
Mother : What is his name?
Rina :
His name is Abdur Rahim.
Mother : When has he joined his new post?
Rina :
He joined his post the day before yesterday.
Mother : Are you introduced to him?
Rina :
Yes mother, our head master introduced him to us all.
Mother : Did your new teacher make any speech on his joining date?
Rina :
Yes. He made a short speech which was scholarly and full of wisdom.
Mother : What do you think about his dealing?
Rina :
His dealing with us is very good. He seems very friendly and co –
operative.
23. A dialogue between two friends about the life of a doctor and that
of a teacher.
Sharif : Can you say Rafiq
whose service is very essential between a doctor and a teacher?
Rafiq : Both of them lead a very
strenuous life. A teacher is engaged in building an educated nation while a
doctor renders his service to the ailing person of our society.
Sharif : What is the standard
of living of a teacher in our society?
Rafiq : He is treated very well though
he is an ill paid person in comparison to his valuable service.
Sharif : How a doctor is
treated is treated here?
Rafiq : A doctor holds a very
honorable position in our country. He renders a valuable service to the
patients.
Sharif : Let us make an end
here.
Rafiq : Thank you for your
participation in this dialogue.
24. A dialogue between two friends about physical
exercise.
Ornob : How are you?
Ononto : I am fine and you?
Ornob : I
am also fine. Do you think physical exercise is essential for building up
a
good
health?
Ononto : I think so.
Ornob : What kinds of exercises are suitable?
Ononto : There are many kinds of exercises. Such
as walking, swimming, riding, racing
etc.
Ornob : Are these exercises suitable for all?
Ononto : No. It will vary according to age.
Ornob : How they will vary?
Ononto : Walking is suitable for all but swimming
is not.
Ornob : I don’t know how to swim.
Ononto : If you don’t know swimming then walking
is the best for you.
Ornob : Can you say the importance of physical
exercise in building up health?
Ononto : Yes.
To build up a good heath and sound mind you have to take regular exercise. It
will make your body active, sound and healthy. Moreover they will cost you
nothing.
25. A dialogue between the Head master and a
student requesting for a full free studentship.
Student : May
I come in sir.
Headmaster : Yes,
come in.
Student : Sir,
I am a student of class nine in your school. I am a poor student.
Headmaster : What
do you want to say?
Student : Sir,
let me say something about my pecuniary circumstances first.
Headmaster : Say in
brief please.
Student :
My father is a poor cultivator. He leads
a very miserable life. So I need a full free studentship.
Headmaster : Have
you any relation reading in this school?
Student : One
of my brothers read in this school.
Headmaster : What
was your result in the last annual examination?
Student : I
stood second in order of merit among 85 students.
Headmaster : You
are granted a full free studentship with effect from May 11.
Student : Thank
you sir.
Headmaster : Have a
bright future.
26. A dialogue between a mother and her daughter
living in a hostel.
Mother : How are you in your new place?
Daughter : I am well here. I find no inconvenience
here.
Mother : Is your room spacious and well
ventilated?
Daughter : Yes, mother.
Mother : Is there any student in your room?
Daughter : We are all four students in the same room.
They all are my classmates.
Mother : How they behave with you? Are they all
friendly?
Daughter : Yes, mother we are all on friendly term
here.
Mother : Have you got every necessary thing there
for use?
Daughter : Yes, I have got every necessary thing.
Mother : Do you want more money to meet with your
expenditure?
Daughter : No
mother. I don’t need any more money. I am doing well with the money that you
have allotted me every month.
Mother : Are you passing your hostel life
peacefully?
Daughter : I am quite well here. Please pray to
Almighty Allah for my well being.
27. A dialogue between the two students
about a study tour.
Ornob : How are you?
Ononto : I am fine thank you.
Ornob : We are going to
Ononto : I
am very pleased to know about this tour. I shall be very much pleased if
you kindly accompany me.
Ornob : Sure,
We will accompany you with us. We shall start tomorrow afternoon by Kaptai Express.
Ononto : Have you made any tour program?
Ornob : Yes,
Our program includes
Ononto : Did you ever go there?
Ornob : No, this is my first tour there. But Munir our
companion had gone there before. He will lead the tourists.
Ononto : How many days it will take to utilize
the program.
Ornob : It will take three days only.
Ononto : During the tour we should have a guide.
Shouldn’t we (have)?
Ornob : Monir
will act as a guide. But when we will reach the Sundarbans, a guide will be
available from the forest Dept.
Ononto : Thank you very much.
Ornob :
You are welcome.
28. A dialogue between a brother and a sister
about an exhibition.
Brother :
How have you enjoyed the recent agricultural exhibition held in Nawabgonj
stadium?
Sister :
I am very much pleased to see the exhibition. This kind of exhibition will make
us known to the developed agricultural system of the world.
Brother : Which things you liked the most there?
Sister :
I was highly impressed by the exhibits of agricultural products (and newly
invented agricultural tools now used in agriculture.)
Brother : Have you seen modern agricultural tools
now used in our agriculture?
Sister :
Yes, I have seen them. If our farmers use these tools our agricultural
productivity will take a new form.
Brother :
Did you feel any inconvenience there?
Sister :
No, not at all. The responsible authority showed us everything eagerly and
explained their use.
Brother : I
think you have enjoyed the exhibition well.
Sister : The exhibition was much educative and
enjoyable.
29. Dialogue between a master and a servant.
Servant : May I come in sir.
Master : Yes, come in. What is your problem?
Servant : Sir, I like to apply for a weeks leave.
Master : What is the cause of your application?
Servant :
The wedding ceremony of my younger sister will come off soon. That’s why I have
to stay at home.
Master : I
can grant you five days leave. Otherwise our factory will (suffer) sustain a
loss
Servant : I
have no other competent person who can utilize the program well. My father is
living but he can’t render any help for his overage.
Master : Yes, I am granting you a week’s leave
considering your inconvenience.
Servant : I am really very pleased for your
generosity.
Master : I wish your sister’s wedding a success.
Servant : Thank you, Sir.
Master : Thank you.
30. A
dialogue between a businessman and a job seeker.
Job seeker : May I come in sir.
Employer : Yes come in.
Job seeker : Sir,
I have come to know that you will appoint a clerk in your business concern.
Employer : Have you brought any petition with you?
Job seeker : Yes sir. Here is an application.
Employer : Have you furnished all necessary information
wanted by us?
Job seeker : Yes sir, Every necessary information is
entered here for your kind perusal.
Employer : You
have not submitted any certificate from your former employer about your past
service.
Job seeker : I
could not have any testimonial from the former employer because he had been
absent from his house. I shall try to supply you with this as soon as I get it.
He is now on a tour to some European countries.
Employer : You will have to face an interview.
Job seeker : Being informed I shall try to face the
interview in due course.
Employer : So, please on the fixed date if we call you.
Job seeker : Thank you sir.
Employer : You are most welcome.
31. A dialogue between two students about their
preparation for the test examination.
Mizan : Hi Shafiq, How far have you prepared
for the coming test examination?
Shafiq : I
am going well with my studies. I think I will do well in the test examination.
What is about yours?
Mizan : My preparation for the test
examination is not satisfactory.
Shafiq : What is the cause for your lagging
behind? It is an important exam. I think.
Mizan : I
also think so. But my father has been away from home for the last three months.
Consequently all charges of our household affair vested in me.
Shafiq : The test examination is still one
month ahead. Make the best use of time.
Mizan : I am trying to make up this loss by
heard labour.
Shafiq : Don’t loose heart. I hope you will do
well in the examination.
Mizan : I am very pleased with you for your
word of encouragement.
Shafiq : Thank you very much.
32. A dialogue between you and your teacher
seeking permission to early leave.
Myself : Excuse me sir, May I have a word with you?
Teacher : I am sorry. Could you repeat that?
Myself : I want to leave early from the school.
Teacher : Why do you want to go?
Myself : I am attacked with cold and fever.
Teacher : How have you got cold?
Myself : Yesterday, while I was going from the school I drenched in
the rain.
Teacher : Is it very urgent?
Myself : I am quite unable to stay in the classroom.
Teacher : Ok, you may go now. Be careful
about your health.
Myself : Thank you very much, Sir.
Teacher : Take care.
33. A dialogue
between two friends about the good effect of morning walk. ii
Ornob : Hello, Ononoto. How are you?
Ononto : I am fine, Ornob. Thank you. And you?
Ornob : I am somehow.
Ononto : Why are you somehow?
Ornob : At present I feel tired and sickly.
Ononto : No matter. Do you
exercise morning walk. Don't you?
Ornob : No.
Ononto : Here is the root of
your tiredness and sickness. Begin morning walk and you will see that you and hale and hearty
like me.
Ornob : Really?
Ononto : It is not worth
mentioning.
Ornob : Thanks a lot for your good suggestion.
Ononto : You are most welcome.
34. Write a dialogue between two friends about borrowing book.
Ornob : Hello, Ononoto. How are you?
Ononto : I am fine, Ornob. Thank you. And you?
Ornob : I am also fine. I
am sorry to say that I have lost my grammar book. Could you please lend me
yours for three days?
Ononto : Sure, But I can’t give you it now.
Ornob : But why?
Ononto : I have not brought it to school. You will get it tomorrow
Ornob : Ok
Ononto : You may keep it for a week if needed because I have another
one.
Ornob : Really! Thank you very much.
Ononto : You are welcome.
35. Write a dialogue between you and your
friend about your mother.
Ornob : Hello Ononto, where are you going?
Ononto : I am going to my Grandmother’s house.
Ornob : Why?
Ononto : Because my mother is there.
Ornob : Oh I see! What is your mother’s name?
Ononto : My mother’s name is ……..
Ornob : How old is she?
Ononto : She is 37 years old.
Ornob : What is your mother?
Ononto : She is a primary school teacher. She
teaches her students English.
Ornob : Do you know about her academic career?
Ononto : Of course, she is a B.A. in English.
Ornob : I see! Now I am sure that she is an
ideal teacher.
Ononto : Yes, you are right.
Ornob : No more today. See you again.
Ononto : See you too.
36. Write a dialogue between you
and your friend required him to lend his camera.
Ornob : Hello, Ononto how are you?
Ononto : I am fine. Thank you and you?
Ornob : I am also fine. Sorry to say, I need
your camera.
Ononto : But why?
Ornob : I
would like to go on a picnic. Could you please lend me your camera for three
days?
Ononto : Sure. Is it very urgent?
Ornob : Yes, we shall start our journey
tomorrow.
Ononto : Ok, here it is.
Ornob : Thank you very much. See you again.
Ononto :
You are most welcome. Enjoy the picnic.
37. A dialogue between two friends after visiting zoo.
Ornob : Hello, Ononoto, How are you?
Ononto : I am fine, Ornob, Thank you, And you?
Ornob : I am fine, Thank you too. Tell me about your visiting of the
zoo.
Ononto : Well, I have
visited our national Zoo situated in
Ornob : I have visited Rajshshi Zoo. Have you seen any thing?
Ononto : Yes, I have seen the animals like- Tiger, Elephant and Lion etc.
with some nice birds. What about you?
Ornob : I have seen the same
things as you.
Ononto : Both of us have seen the same animals but
places are different.
Ornob : Right you are.
No more today, good bye.
Ononto : See you again, good bye.
38. Write a dialogue between you and your friend
about your Parents.
Ornob : Hello Ononto, where are you going?
Ononto : I am going to my Grandmother’s house.
Ornob : Why?
Ononto : Because my parents are there.
Ornob : Oh I see! What are your father’s and
mother’s name?
Ononto : My Father is …… and my mother’s name is ……..
Ornob : How old are they?
Ononto : My father is 45 and my mother is 37 years old.
Ornob : What is your father?
Ononto : My father is a high school teacher.
Ornob : Do you know about his academic career?
Ononto : Of course, he is a M.A. in English.
Ornob : I see! Would you kindly say about your
mother?
Ononto : Yes, She is a housewife.
Ornob : No more today. See you again.
Ononto : See you too.
39. A dialogue
between you and a passerby about locating a hospital.
Passerby : Excuse me. I am Ornob.
Myself : Hello, I am Ononto. Can I help you?
Passerby : Yes, I am in a problem.
Myself : What is your problem?
Passerby : I am looking for sadar hospital. Could you tell me the way to
the hospital?
Myself : Actually it is not a problem. It is very simple.
Passerby : Please give me the location of it.
Myself : It is near the post office. It is about
eighty meters away to the west of the post office
Passerby : How can I find out it?
Myself : It is a big building and white in color
with a wide gate in front of it.
Passerby : Is there any sign board of it?
Myself : Yes there is a big sign board of it.
Passerby : Thank you very much for your kind information.
Myself : You are welcome.
40 Write a dialogue
between you and your Headmaster about a TC.
Myself: May I come in, sir?
Headmaster: Yes, come in. What do you want?
Myself: I
want a TC from you. Sir!
Headmaster: Why do you need a TC?
Myself: Sir,
I would like to admit myself into Rajshahi zilla
Headmaster: Why do you like to leave this school?
Myself:
My father has been transferred
to Rajshahi. Therefore, I am compelled to go with him.
Headmaster: Is there no alternative to accompany your family?
Myself: I found no other alternative without it.
Headmaster: Well, I am asking my office assistant to prepare the TC.
Myself: Thank you, Sir.
Headmaster: Best of luck.
41. A dialogue between two friends about a
birthday party.
Ornob : Hello, Ononto. How are you?
Ononto : I am fine. And you?
Ornob : I am also fine. Why didn’t you
attend my birthday party?
Ononto : I am really sorry. I was not at home
that time. But how was the programme?
Ornob : It was very excellent!
Ononto : Did you decorate the house?
Ornob :
We decorated our drawing room with nicely.
Ononto : And then?
Ornob : I put on my dress and received the
guest.
Ononto : When was the programme started?
Ornob :
At
Ononto What happened after cutting the cake?
Ornob : The guests wished me a happy
birthday and there was a dinner for everybody.
Ononto : Haven’t you taken any photo?
Ornob : We have taken many photos.
Ononto : I really missed the function. However,
thank you very much.
Ornob : Same to you . See you again. Bye
42. Make a dialogue between Jabber and Shaheed about the dangers of
arsenicpollution / arsenic contamination.
Jabber : Good
morning, Shahed. How do you do ?
Shaheed : Good
morning, dear friend. I am fine and you ?
Jabber : I
am fine too. Do you know about arsenic pollution, dear friend?
Shaheed : Of
course. Arsenic is a very poisonous substance.
Jabber : Where
is this harmful element found?
Shaheed : It
is specially found in tube-well water.
Jabber : What
is the condition of this problem in our country now?
Shaheed : Recently
Arsenic has been found in many tube-well in the different parts of the country.
Jabber : What
is the bad/adverse effect of arsenic pollution on human body?
Shaheed : It
causes black spots on the body. sores in fingers. It also causes cancer in
stomach.
Jabber : Which
water is free from arsenic?
Shaheed : Surface
water is arsenic-free. Deep-tube-well is also free from arsenic.
Jabber : How
can we get rid of this problem?
Shaheed : We should drink rain and deep-tube-well water. But we can drink
the surface water after proper filtering/treatment.
Jabber : Thank
you very much for valuable suggestions. No more today. Good bye !
Shaheed : You
are most welcome. See you again. Good bye !
42. Make a dialogue between friends about arsenic
pollution(ii).
Ornob : Good
morning, Ononto. How are you?
Ononto : Good
morning, dear friend. I am fine and you?
Ornob : I
am fine too. Do you know about arsenic pollution?
Ononto : Of
course. Arsenic is a very poisonous substance.
Ornob : Where
is this harmful element found?
Ononto : It
is specially found in tube-well water.
Ornob : What
is the bad effect of arsenic pollution on human body?
Ononto : It
causes black spots on the body. It also causes cancer in stomach.
Ornob : How
can we get rid of this problem?
Ononto : We should drink rain water, deep-tube-well
water and filter water.
Ornob : Thank
you very much for valuable suggestions. No more today. Good bye !
Ononto : You are most
welcome. See you again. Good bye !
43. Write a dialogue between two friends about a load shedding.
Ornob : Hello, Ononto, How are you?
Ononto : I am not so fine.
Ornob : Why do you look so gloomy?
Ononto : Last night I had to pass a sleepless
night.
Ornob : But why?
Ononto : Because there was no electricity in our
locality for the whole night.
Ornob : What is the condition of your
studies?
Ononto :
You know last night was one of the hottest nights in this summer. I could
neither sleep nor read.
Ornob : Are you anxious for your examination?
Ononto : Our examination is knocking at the door.
I feel really worried.
Ornob : Of course, load shedding hampers a lot
in our study.
Ononto : Not only our study friend but also our
economy as well.
Ornob : The government always assures us to
solve this problem. But there is no hope.
Ononto : Yes, you are right. I agree with you.
Ornob : No more today, I have to go now.
Ononto : Ok. Bye.
44.*Write a dialogue between two friends about the future plan.
Ornob : Good morning, Ononto ! How are you?
Ononto : Good morning. I am fine and you?
Ornob : I am also fine. I am very glad at your
brilliant result.
Ononto : Thank you very much.
Ornob : Would you tell me about your future
plan?
Ononto : I have already made up my mind to study
in law.
Ornob : Why do you want to study in law?
Ononto : I will drive away restless politics.
Ornob : Very fine. But it is really a
difficult tusk.
Ononto : Nothing is impossible for a man.
Ornob : How is it possible?
Ononto : A true leader can stamp out restless
politics.
Ornob : I am sure that we will be able to
eradicate evil politics from our country.
Ononto : Thanks a lot. No more today. See you
again.
Ornob : You are most welcome. Good bye.
45. Jasim goes to post office to send a money order. He
talks to the postal clerk. Now write a dialogue between them based on the given
situation.
Jasim : Excuse
me, may I speak to you ?
Clerk : Sure,
Can I help you?
Jasim : I'd
like to send a money order to Satkhira.
Clerk : Take
this from. Fill it up properly and them submit it to me.
Jasim : Ok.
I'd send 5000/- Tk. How much does it cost?
Clerk : It
will cost 100 Tk. Please, anything else?
Jasim : Do
you have any envelop? Give me five pieces.
Clerk : Yes,
here they are.
Jasim : How
much altogether?
Clerk : One
hundred and ten taka.
Jasim : Here
it is.
Clerk : Thank
you very much.
Jasim : Welcome.
46. A dialogue between the two students
about a visit to a historical place.
Ornob : How are you, Ononto?
Ononto : I am fine thank you and you?
Ornob : I am also fine. Have you visited any
historical place?
Ononto : Yes, I visited
Ornob :
How did you go there?
Ononto : We started in the morning by Kaptai
Express with our English teacher.
Ornob : Did you make any tour program there?
Ononto : Yes, we visited Saat- Gumbuj Mosque
at Bagherhat and the Sundarbans.
Ornob :
Did you see anything else?
Ononto : Yes, we saw the majar of Khan Jahan
and the natural beauty of Sundarbans.
Ornob : Do you think a visit to a place of
historical place helps us?
Ononto : Of course, it can relieve our
monotony. It gives us practical knowledge too.
Ornob : Thank you very much for valuable
suggestions. No more today. Good bye !
Ononto : You are most welcome. See you again. Good bye !
47. A dialogue between the two friends
about the importance of early rising.
Ornob : Hello! Ononto. Good morning. How
are you?
Ononto : Good morning. I am fine and you?
Ornob : I am also fine. Why are you so
early in the morning in the field?
Ononto : I always come here for exercise.
Ornob : Is it possible?
Ononto : Why not? I always get up from bed one
hour before sunrise.
Ornob : What’s the benefit of early rising?
Ononto : Don’t
you know that early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and
wise?
Ornob : Make it clear, please.
Ononto : an early riser can get much time to
do all his works.
Ornob : Is there any other benefit of it?
Ononto : Of course, an early riser can enjoy
morning fresh air and oxygen.
Ornob : Thanks a lot for your good suggestion.
Ononto : You are most welcome.
48. Make a dialogue between All and
Sapan about the usefulness of tree plantation/tree
Sapan : Good morning, dear friend. I am fine any you
?
Sapan : Yes, I have started planting trees around our
houses and I always take part in tree plantation programmers. Our existence on earth is impossible without
the tree.
Sapan : Listen, without oxygen no living being can
live. It is the tree which given us oxygen. So the tree is life.
Sapan : Thank you very much for this. The tree helps
to maintain ecological balance and prevent natural disasters too.
Sapan : Of course, each and every educated person and
the student should come forward to make the tree plantation programme
successful.
Sapan : You are most welcome.
Good bye !
49. Write a dialogue between two friends
about prize giving ceremony in their school.
Ornob : Hello
Ononto. How are you?
Ononto : I
am fine, thank you. And you?
Ornob : I
am also well. How have you enjoyed the prize giving ceremony held in our
school?
Ononto : It
was really a very enjoyable ceremony our school has ever had.
Ornob : What
is your opinion about the ceremony?
Ononto : Not
only I but also every person who attended the ceremony was delighted much.
Ornob :
Who was the chief guest in the
ceremony?
Ononto :
The District Commissioner was the chief
guest in the ceremony.
Ornob :
Did you decorate the school?
Ononto :
We all the students decorated the
school very much.
Ornob : Was
there any cultural function?
Ononto : There
held a cultural function and all the viewers enjoyed it much.
Ornob : Thank
you very much for your accurate comments in the function.
Ononto : Was
there any other thrilling event held?
Ornob : Yes,
The recitation from Rebel poet was very exiting and thrilling event.
Ononto : Thank
you very much.
Ornob : Thank
you also.
50. Write a dialogue between Rina and the
Headmaster for seeking admission.
Rina : May I come in, sir?
Headmaster : Yes, come in. What do you want?
Rina : I wish to get
admitted myself in your school. Sir!
Headmaster : What is your name?
Rina : Rina.
Headmaster : What’s your father?
Rina : My father is a doctor.
Headmaster : Why do you seek for admission here?
Rina : Because, my father has been
transferred here from Rajshahi. Therefore, I am compelled to admit here.
Headmaster : What class do you want to get yourself admitted?
Rina : In class VII.
Headmaster : Do you have your progress report?
Rina : Yes sir, here it is.
Headmaster : Well, I am asking my office assistant to admit you.
Rina : Thank you, Sir.
Headmaster :
Welcome. Have a bright future.
51. A Dialogue on opening a bank account.
Myself : Good
morning sir.
Manager : Good
morning. How can I help you?
Myself : I
want to open an account with your bank.
Manager : Why
do you like to open it?
Myself : I
want to save my scholarship money.
Manager : That’s
very good.
Myself : Would
you kindly tell me what I need to do for it?
Manager : To
open an account you will have to collect a form from the second table.
Myself : What
else have I to do?
Manager : First
fill the form and add a photo.
Myself : Ok
sir. Next what should I do?
Manager : You
have to pay money with this form and you will be given a cheque book.
Myself : Thank
you sir.
Manager : You
are most welcome.
52. A
dialogue between you and a Stranger.
Stranger : Excuse
me. May I seek your help?
I :
How can I help you?
Stranger :
I want the address of a hotel.
I :
Perhaps this first time you have come
to
Stranger :
Yes, I have come from
I :
Well; there are many hotels in
Stranger :
I want a hotel of good quality.
I :
I will suggest you go to hotel Sonargoan.
Stranger :
How can I go there?
I :
Oh I see! It is not far from here
.Please hire a baby taxi which will cost you
Only forty taka.
Stranger :
Would you tell me how I can go to visit
the tourist spots in
I :
The hotel management will make all
arrangements for your tour. They have sight seeing buses.
Stranger :
It is very nice of you.
I :
May your visit in
Stranger :
Thank you.
I :
Most welcome.
53. Suppose you are Bristy. Write a dialogue between you
and the shop assistant about buying a dress.
Shop Assistant : Good afternoon. May I help you, please?
Bristy :
I would like to buy a dress.
Shop Assistant : What type of dress do you like, Madam?
Bristy :
I want to buy a latest model dress.
Shop Assistant : Have you any particular choice?
Bristy :
Yes, I want to buy a gypsy.
Shop Assistant : Please come here Madam.
Bristy :
What types of gypsy are available here?
Shop Assistant : Please, have a look at these. Here are some
latest designs.
Bristy :
I would prefer that one. How much does it cost?
Shop Assistant : Just three thousand taka only.
Bristy :
Three thousand taka! It’s too much.
Shop Assistant : Our prices are quite reasonable, Madam. We
sell on fixed price.
Bristy :
Ok. Pack it.
Shop Assistant : Here is you bill Madam.
Bristy :
Thank you. Here is the money.
Shop Assistant : Thank you Madam. Please visit us again.
Good bye.
54. A dialogue between Trina and the Headmistress about
leave in advance.
Trina :
May I come in Madam?
Headmistress: Yes, come in.
Trina :
Good morning, Madam.
Headmistress: Good
morning. What do you want?
Trina : I
need three days leave in advance, Madam.
Headmistress: Why?
Trina :
Because I want to go to visit Cox’s Bazar.
Headmistress: Really!
Trina :
Yes Madam. I am going with my family.
Headmistress: Where is your application?
Trina :
Here it is Madam.
Headmistress: Ok, your leave prayer is granted.
Trina :
Thank you so much, Madam.
Headmistress: Have a nice visit.
Or, A dialogue between Trina and the Headmistress about leave
in advance.
Trina :
May I come in Madam?
Headmistress: Yes, come in.
Trina :
Good morning, Madam.
Headmistress: Good
morning. Sit down.
Trina :
Thank you Madam.
Headmistress: What is it?
Trina : It
is an application.
Headmistress: For what?
Trina :
Because the marriage ceremony of my elder sister comes of on next Friday. I
shall have to help my parents.
Headmistress: Oh! For how many days?
Trina :
Only for three days.
Headmistress: Ok, your leave prayer is granted.
Trina :
Thank you so much, Madam.
Headmistress: You are welcome.
55. A dialogue between you and your friend Maha about a
birthday party.
Myself : Hello Maha! How are you?
Maha : I am fine and
you?
Myself : I am also fine. You did not attend my birthday
party. I missed you much.
Maha : I am sorry.
Actually I had to go to my uncle’s house. However, how was the programme?
Myself : It was excellent.
Maha : Did you
decorate the house?
Myself : We decorated the house nicely with balloons and
festoons.
Maha : And then?
Myself : I put on my dress and received the guest.
Maha : What’s about
the birthday cake?
Myself : My father brought a nice cake. On the fixed time I
cut the cake.
Maha : What happened
after you had cut the cake?
Myself : Everyone wished me a happy birthday. There was also
a dinner after that.
Maha : Didn’t you
take any photograph?
Myself : My cousin took a lot of photographs.
Maha : Oh! I really
missed the programme. However, thank you very much.
Myself : Thank you too. Bye.
56.ii- A dialogue between a shopkeeper and a customer.
Customer : Good morning. Could I talk to you?
Shopkeeper : Sure. What can I do for
you?
Customer : I want to buy a dozen of pencils. Do you have any?
Shopkeeper : Of course. Here you are.
Customer : These don’t good ones. I like to buy
Shopkeeper : Ok. Here are some packets of pencils.
Customer : How much does this packet cost?
Shopkeeper : Tk 160.
Customer : Ok. Take the money.
Shopkeeper : Here is the change.
Customer : Thank you.
Shopkeeper : You
are welcome.
57. A dialogue between you and your friend
about how to do well in the examination.
Ornob:
Hello, Ononoto, How are you?
Ononto:
I am fine, Ornob, Thank you, And you?
Ornob : I am fine, Thank you too.
Ononto: Would you kindly tell me how
I can do well in the examination?
Ornob : Sure . Why not?
Ononto: Tell me about those things.
Ornob : Ok. You will have to study
regularly . You must understand all the texts.
Ononto: Is there anything else?
Ornob : You should make your own
notes and revise them again and again.
Ononto: Do you have any special
advice for me?
Ornob : You must have a good command over language
and be fair in your writing.
Ononto: Thank you very much.
Ornob : Hope you will do better in the examination by
following way. See you again.
Ononto:
Pray for me, good bye.
58. A dialogue between you
and a counter clerk of a bus stand.
Customer : Good
afternoon. Could I talk to you?
Counter Clerk : Sure. What can I do for you?
Customer : I
want to buy a ticket. Do you have any?
Counter Clerk : Where do you like to go?
Customer :
I would like to go to Rajshahi.
Counter Clerk : How many tickets do you need?
Customer :
I need two tickets only.
Counter Clerk : You will have to pay 70 taka per head, so 140
taka altogether.
Customer :
Here is the money.
Counter Clerk : Thank you .
Customer :
Would you please tell me when
the bus arrives here?
Counter Clerk : This is the last stoppage. And the bus will
come very soon.
Customer : Thank
you very much.
Counter Clerk : You are most welcome.
****
Write an email to your father asking for some money.
From : mahi@gmail.com
Subject: Asking for money.
Dear Father,
Take my salam. Hope you are all well in the family. My
examination is knocking at the door. My preparation is well. For examination
fee and buying some new dress, I need some money about TK 2,000. Please send me
the money as early as possible.
Your affectionate daughter,
Mahi
Comments
Post a Comment