DIALOGUE - 3

 

 

*** 01.      Write a dialogue between friends about the bad effect of smoking.

Ornob        : Hello, Ononoto. How are you?

Ononto      : I am fine, Ornob. Thank you. And you?

Ornob        : I am not fine. I have been suffering from cough for a week.

Ononto      : What a pity! Do you smoke, Ornob?

Ornob        : Yes, I am addicted to smoking.

Ononto      : But smoking is a very bad habit. It causes various diseases like Cancer, Bronchitis etc.

Ornob        : Yes, Doctors also say so.

Ononto      : You should give up smoking without any delay.

Ornob        : Yes, I am trying my best to give up smoking.

Ononto      : Of course, You must give up smoking.

Ornob        : Well friend, I must give up smoking within very short time.

Ononto      : Thanks a lot. Really, I am very sorry for this. No more today. Good bye. 

Ornob       : Good bye. See you.

 

 

**** 02. A dialogue between you and your friend about how to do well in the examination.

Ornob: Hello, Ononoto, How are you?

Ononto: I am fine, Ornob, Thank you, And you?

Ornob : I am fine, Thank you too.

Ononto: Would you kindly tell me how I can do well in the examination?

Ornob : Sure . Why not?

Ononto: Tell me about those things.

Ornob : Ok. You will have to study regularly . You must understand all the texts.

Ononto: Is there anything else?

Ornob : You should make your own notes and revise them again and again.

Ononto: Do you have any special advice for me?

Ornob :  You must have a good command over language and be fair in your writing.

Ononto: Thank you very much.

Ornob :  Hope you will do better in the examination by following way. See you again.

Ononto: Pray for me, good bye.

 

 

*** 03.

 

 

Write a dialogue between you and your Headmaster about a TC.

Myself          : May I come in, sir?

Headmaster  : Yes, come in. What do you want?

Myself          :  I want a transfer certificate from you. Sir!

Headmaster  : Why do you need a TC?

Myself          : Sir, I have to leave this city.

Headmaster  : Why?

Myself          : Because, my father has been transferred to Rajshahi. Therefore, I am compelled to go with him. 

Headmaster  : Is there no alternative to accompany your family?

Myself          : I found no other alternative without it.

Headmaster  : Where do you want to admit yourself?

Myself          : I want to admit myself into Rajshahi zilla Ideal School.

Headmaster  : Well, I am asking my office assistant to prepare the Tc.

Myself          : Thank you, Sir.

Headmaster  : Thank you. Have a bright future.

 

 

***04. Write a dialogue between Rina and the Headmaster for seeking admission.

Rina             : May I come in, sir?

Headmaster  : Yes, come in. What do you want?

Rina             :  I wish to get admitted myself in your school. Sir!

Headmaster  : What is your name?

Rina             : Rina.

Headmaster  : What’s your father?

Rina             : My father is a doctor.

Headmaster  : Why do you seek for admission here?

Rina             : Because, my father has been transferred here from Rajshahi. Therefore, I am compelled to admit here. 

Headmaster  : What class do you want to get yourself admitted?

Rina             : In class VII.

Headmaster  : Do you have your progress report?

Rina             : Yes sir, here it is.

Headmaster  : Well, I am asking my office assistant to admit you.

Rina             : Thank you, Sir.

Headmaster  : Welcome. Have a bright future.

A dialogue between two friends about a picnic.

Ornob        : Hello, Ononto. How are you?

Ononto      : I am fine. Thank you.

Ornob        : But you are not looking so good. Are you thinking about?

Onoto        : Yes I am planning for a picnic.

Ornob        : Excellent idea. Have you counted me?

Ononto      : Of course, you are counted.

Ornob        : Where do you like to go?

Ononto      : I think Sona Mosque is a picnic spot. It is a historical place also.

Ornob        : How much does it cost individually?

Ononto      : Only 400/= per head.

Ornob        : Would we like to have a guide for us?

Ononto      : Sure, We have selected our English teacher as our guide.

Ornob        : So friend. Let’s go and talk to others.

 

 

A dialogue between you and your friend about the necessity of reading news paper.

Ornob       : Hello, Ononoto. How are you?

Ononto     : I am fine, Ornob. Thank you.

Ornob       : Do you read news paper daily?

Ononto     : Yes I do. It is "The daily Prothom Alo".

Ornob       : It's nice. Do you think reading news paper regularly is necessary?

Ononto     : Certainly, It is a store house of general knowledge.

Ornob       : Do you think news paper plays any role in presenting the news of the world?            

Ononto     : Yes, I can learn about the current affairs of the world through the newspaper I read.

Ornob       :  Then it certainly presents the news and views on world trade and commerce, films,          games and sports etc.

Ononto     : Yes, you are right. These all are available in a newspaper.

Ornob       : Now, what's your suggestion for others regarding this?

Ononto     : I just want to say that everyone should read at least one newspaper daily.

Myself      : Thank you very much.

Ornob           :You are most welcome.

 

 

 

 

*** 05. A dialogue between doctor and patient

Ornab        : May I come in, doctor ?

Doctor       : Yes, come.

Ornob        : Can I have a seat ?

Doctor       : Of course, please take a seat.

Ornob        : Thank you.

Doctor       : What is your problem ?

Ornob        : I am not in a good condition. I am anxious about my health. I need your

                  suggestion.

Doctor       : Don’t be afraid. Don’t think much about your health.

Ornob        : I am feeling bad.

Doctor       : Ok, at first let me feel your pulse, measure temperature and blood pressure.

Ornob        : please check me thoroughly.

Doctor       : Ok, I am checking.

Ornob        : Is there anything wrong ?

Doctor       : No, you don’t have any problem.

Ornob        : I really feel sick. 

Doctor       : It’s all your nervousness.

Ornob        : May be. My examination is at the door. So there is tension and anxiety.  

Doctor       :  Yes, you are right. It is for your over work and anxiety for the examination.

Ornob        : Really.

Doctor       : Yeah, You will feel better if you take light exercise regularly, eat balanced diet. It is also your           duty to take proper rest and sleep.

Ornob        : Ok, I shall try to follow your advices. But, please advise the names of medicine.

Doctor       : Actually you will not need any medicine.

Ornob        : Without medicine shall I feel better ?

Doctor       : Why not ? You are ok and you should follow my advices.

Ornob        : Thank you for your good advices.

Doctor       : Thanks to you too.

Ornob        : Welcome.

 

A dialogue between the two friends about the importance of early rising.

Ornob: Hello! Ononto. Good morning. How are you?

Ononto: Good morning. I am fine and you?

Ornob: I am also fine. Why are you so early in the morning in the field?

Ononto: I always come here for exercise.

Ornob: Is it possible?

Ononto: Why not? I always get up from bed one hour before sunrise.

Ornob: What’s the benefit of early rising?

Ononto: Don’t you know that early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise?

Ornob: Make it clear, please.

Ononto: an early riser can get much time to do all his works.

Ornob: Is there any other benefit of it?

Ononto: Of course, an early riser can enjoy morning fresh air and oxygen.

Ornob       : Thanks a lot for your good suggestion.

Ononto     : You are most welcome.

 

 

Md Abdul Alim

 Hons. in English

Nawabganj Govt. College,

Chapapi Nawabganj

01741-505930

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narration Jashore Board 2024

Bangabandhu Satellite -1